Thursday, 16 December 2010

Christmas preparations

Well it has been a busy week preparing for Christmas. We have been to no less than five local Christmassy get-togethers this week, phew, I am quite worn out and longing to put my feet up for an evening and catch up on the telly.

It's also been the week for sorting out the Christmas decorations for Paul and the boys to decorate the tree, as they do together every year...


And taking my little boy on a train trip to Melbourne to see the very spectacular Myer Christmas windows. We were both captivated by the Nutcracker story - the toffee palace, meringue towers, sugar plum fairies and candy palace...



I hope your Christmas preparations are coming along nicely! x

6 comments:

Chantal said...

Thanks for the lovely childhood Christmas flashback! We used to have tree lights like those in your first pic when I was about 9 or 10 - I haven't thought about them for 30 years!!

Kim said...

Oooh that was a flash back for me too! My Father inherited a set of those lights from his Mum and they are still used every year at their place. Hopefully they last to make it onto our tree one day!

bee said...

Lovely vintage ornaments! The Nutcracker was my favourite ballet as a kid, just magic! I always wanted to be the Sugar Plum Fairy :)

biggirlssweets said...

I spy a small gingerbread man who I knew well, once, before he set sail on his journey to you!!!

Received a RIDICULOUSLY large lark box of treats from My Beautiful and generous man, today! Crikey! He needn't of got ALL of my wishlist!! I'm a VERY lucky girl - thanks for having the whole wishlist idea...I only just sent it on to him, as I wasn't sure how he'd take it - I didn't want to be pushy! But he said his brain's tummy was relieved as it had been feeling sick with worry about what to get! Silly sausage!

delia hornbook said...

ohhh i love the window diplay so much work has gone into that. And i love the look of all your beautiful handmade decorations to enjoy doing your tree. dee ;-)

Carly said...

biggirlssweets: Brain's tummy?? That's fantastic!