Monday, 20 December 2010

Girls and boys

We're looking after two little girls overnight for our best friends, whose baby is coming early. I have looked after them before for short periods but this time we are doing the full works - nappies, milk, sleeps etc. They are so cool to have around, lots of fun but it is pretty exhausting being with little kids, I'd kind of forgotten what pre-schoolers are like. I haven't been able to leave the room to go to the loo even! And girls are a whole different thing to me, I am used to boys. My son is a big help though, he is 9 and he really loves little kids. The smallest girl, who is 2, adores him and he has been carrying her around, playing with her, making things with her, and now she has gone off for a snooze in his bed (phew!). I can tell he finds it all very rewarding. He'll make a brilliant father one day - just like his own dad, who is an amazing role model, and both his grandads.

Stop press - the new baby has arrived safely, a third girl, hurrah!

3 comments:

Maxabella said...

Is it silly to say that this post just made my day? Sometimes I think that I'm just not fit enough or 'childlike' enough as those three Tsunamis of mine run me ragged! But a post like this really helps to remind me that it really is THAT EXHAUSTING being around little kids! And that rewarding too...

Thanks Allison!

x

Emma said...

As Maxabella said above... Thank you! So lovely to know that it is normal to be overwhelmed and exhausted with little ones in the house!!! Welcome to the new little pink one! x

the textured leaf said...

I get exhausted when there is only one! Nice post about a baby coming along.