Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Campervans are Cool


My mind has been on cycling and camping and picnicking A LOT lately. I think I must be in denial about the grey and miserable winter weather here in Victoria. I have been obsessively filling the Lark shop with travel-related things, to the point where I have created a separate little 'On The Road' section, have a look if you are starting to think about spring and summer days.


One of my favourite things is this new book My Cool Campervan by British authors Jane Field-Lewis and Chris Haddon. When I was little my parents rented an orange Kombi to take my big sisters and I on holiday, and I have loved them ever since. This book is all about the vans, and the people who love them. Yeah!





Here is a little film to accompany the book:


The book is a kind of sequel to My Cool Caravan, the hugely successful book that has had us all inspired with by cool retro caravan images.



If you like the idea of camping but don't want to rough it, we also have a book about 'glamping'. And a cookbook for your van.



There are lots of other cool things in my On The Road store, here are just a couple of favourites... enjoy thinking of warmer days!






8 comments:

simmone said...

ooh I didn't know there was a campervan book too. I just found the caravan one -so lovely. I love the sherpherd's huts in the UK. And gypsy caravans, houseboats ... sigh...

Nat @ dear little house said...

Love a campervan! I would love to just spend a few months exploring this big brown land of ours, but I think I will have a hard time convincing the other half ;p

Sarita said...

this looks like so much fun. I wouldn't mind taking a trip!

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Admin said...

Campervan and motor home rental offices in Australia regularly get people, particularly from overseas, wanting to do long hires in a short time. Often a rental supply company will impose a minimum hire period on certain hires. For example a hire from Perth to Sydney may require a minimum
camper vans
hire period of 21 days

Jolly Campervans said...

Hi Allison my sister Mandy (belle&boo) pointed me in the direction of your site, she totally raved about your shop after her visit last year and I am now a complete fan too. Love the fact you are now stocking the VW Campervan accessories as my husband and I run a business hiring them out are obsessed with everything VW, if you get chance would love to know what you think of our site www.jollycampervans.co.uk. Take care Aly & Jolly

Catherine said...

Your blog is so much fun! These images have brought a real smile to my tea break, and I'm loving the chic picnic supplies!
- Catherine at The Spring
www.thespringblog.com

Ideal RV said...

Thank you for the wonderful blog. It is indeed informative and useful We are into the same business. For know more about us, please visit Caravan hire Western Australia today.